Saturday 25 December 2010

For those beautiful brown eyes that showed me new worlds, through them I saw worlds otherwise only imagined.
for Sona.


Internal eternal darkness.
A small aperture defined by the beautiful iris through which light disappears and the world appears.
The back of the sphere that is engulfed in darkness creates the world as we know it.

The eye sees.
You, me and the world around.
The eye sees.
The eye allows to be seen
The eye perceives.
The eye constructs.
Constructs worlds beautiful and others, written, spoken descriptions of those that aren’t there.
Through my eye or hers, I see worlds, images that otherwise remain imagined.
One glance into another eye, eye to eye, and you know.
One glance into the darkness within her beautiful brown iris, I know.
The eye captures images and my imagination.

Fascinating !
The eye.





2 comments:

sundarsonal said...

beautiful posts apu, and this one as gift is too much, the eye is all yours. love.

apurva parikh said...

shakespeare said -
From women's eyes this doctrine I derive;
they sparkle still the right Promethean fire;
they are the books, the arts, the academes,
that show, contain, and nourish all the world.

its a gift sona !

glad you liked all.

love.